Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The Infinite Art Tournament, Round 2: P. Bruegel v. Buren!

Pieter Bruegel (the Elder)
c.1525 - 1569
Dutch

Trounced his own son, Jan Bruegel the Elder, in Round 1.





-----

Daniel Buren
1938 -
French

Defeated Sir Edward Burne-Jones in an amazing come-from-behind single-vote victory in Round 1. YOUR VOTE COUNTS!!!




----

Vote for the artist of your choice in the comments, or any other way that works for you. Commentary and links to additional work are welcome. Polls open for at least one month past posting.

13 comments:

Rebel said...

Pieter Bruegel (the Elder)

mrs.5000 said...

Bruegel, of course. What's not to love?

Mm Mud said...

Breugel for the detail, crispness, and the story-telling aspect of his pictures. If I ever had one to hang around my house, I'd carouse it endlessly.

Morgan said...

I'll vote Bruegel, but I also like Buren very much, especially the mirror one!

Jenners said...

Aw man … I was all set for Bruegel but I kind of like the Buren stuff so he gets my vote.

Chuckdaddy said...

Going with the stripe guy

pfly said...

Um, yea, Bruegel.

Elizabeth said...

Buren. Parce qu'il aime les couleurs.

Michael5000 said...

I've said it before and I hope to say it again: "Pieter B. is my first and most enduring artsy love. All the way to the finals, baby!"

Candida said...

Bruegel, absolutely.

Michael5000 said...

Here's a vote-by-email for "Pieter Bruegel over Buren, & almost anyone else."

Leonardo Piccioni said...

Bruegel! Other blogger made me love his work.

Michael5000 said...

And Pieter Bruegel takes the match, 9-3, and will advance to take on Ford Maddox Brown. Buren will move to the left bracket and eventually take on the winner of Brauner/Broodthauers.

Voting is closed in this pairing.